Display HanDBase on TV or digital projector

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Display HanDBase on TV or digital projector

Postby chuxtable » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:03 am

Hello, I would realy like to demostrate how my HanDBase database works by displaying on a digital projector or smartboard. I have read that I can purchase a VGA adapter that will allow me to duplicate the ipad screen on an external TV or projector, however apparently not all apps allow this. I was wondering if it is possible with HanDBase? I realise that HanDBase desktop can be used, however does not actually display the form as you would see it on an ipad, which is ideally what I would like to do. Any help appreciated! Charles
chuxtable

Re: Display HanDBase on TV or digital projector

Postby jensenm » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:50 pm

I believe that this is possible in a variety of ways. There is the dongle you mention. You can also do this wirelessly in a variety of ways. One is with an apple TV attached to a projector or TV screen. The other is through a program installed on your laptop that is in turn hooked up to your projector. Reflector (airsquirrels.com) and Air Server (airserver.com) are two programs that will let you mirror your ipad to your laptop which in turn will appear on your projector. These two programs come with free trials so I'd suggest trying them out and see if Handbase appears on your laptop screen. If it does then it should work with any of the methods above.
jensenm

Re: Display HanDBase on TV or digital projector

Postby chuxtable » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:48 pm

It's OK, I figured it out myself. I bought an ipad-to-VGA cord adaptor, which does the trick. I can mirror the ipad screen on a computer screen or smartboard provided it has a VGA plug, rather than HDMI. You can also buy ana adaptor for HDMI. Cheers, Charles
chuxtable

Return to HanDBase for iPad