Filtering bug?

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Filtering bug?

Postby VelvetLounger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Im getting a strange value returned to me using the relationship field

I have two tables. Sites and Projects. There is a one to many relationship where there can be many projects associated with a Site. The relationship is done using the relationship field in the Sites table. It links the sites PK with projects FK and returns a value from a counter in in the projects table. The counter simply counts the number of records in the projects table

Normally I have the projects table filtered so that only the active projects are visible.

The issue is that I am getting strange counter values sent back to the sites table.

For instance if I go to a site where I know there is only 1 project, and the project is not active, the relationship field is returning a value of 33.

If I remove the filter on the projects table and to back to the same site, it shows me the 1 project I know exists. If I reapply the filter I again get a value of 33.

What is going on with this?
Using HanDBase since I had my Palm 3.
VelvetLounger

Re: Filtering bug?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:13 am

Hi,

In HanDBase's preferences you should find an option to recalculate relationships upon lookup. Based on your initial description it sounds as though this option is unchecked. Enable this option in HanDBase's preferences and then test your relationship again please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby VelvetLounger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Oddly I don't see that setting within HandBase Settings.
Using HanDBase since I had my Palm 3.
VelvetLounger

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately Brian got the versions mixed up- that's an option on Android, not on iOS! On iOS, it's always on, and there was no need for an option as the devices are all plenty fast for it. If you want to send me a copy of your databases, I can take a look and see if there are any clues. my email is listed in my sig below..
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad