Difference Between Handbase for Education and HB for ipad

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Difference Between Handbase for Education and HB for ipad

Postby jensenm » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 pm

I can't seem to find this information on your website. I have a few questions about which version I should purchase. I'm interested in coming back to Handbase after a long hiatus (I used to use it with my Palm Tungsten).:
1) Will I be able to load the old databases that I created on either version of Handbase?
2) You mention a barcode scanner for inventory for the Handbase for Education but not for Handbase for ipad. Is it available for both?
3) Does the barcode scanner require an external scanner that plugs into the ipad? Are there any that you recommend if it does?
4) When you purchase either version is there an accompanying desktop version as was available for the old Palm version?
Thank you!
jensenm

Re: Difference Between Handbase for Education and HB for ipa

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Though this post is somewhat of a duplicate of the other you posted, you did ask one additional question here:

When you purchase either version is there an accompanying desktop version as was available for the old Palm version?

In the old days we sold a bundle with both the Palm version and the desktop software together. That is not an option on the App Store so we decided to break them into two pieces - the mobile version is now sold through the App Stores and the desktop app is sold separately (and optionally) from our site as an add-on. The combined price is actually a little cheaper than the old Palm bundles (eg, Palm Plus was 29.99 and the iPad version plus the Plus desktop add-on is 24.98 total now). And if you are a registered user of an older product you can get a further discount off the purchase of the desktop addon- just go to:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/download.html
and choose the Upgrade Wizard. Choose the option to add a version for an additional platform and you should see the plus and professional add-ons there.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Re: Difference Between Handbase for Education and HB for ipa

Postby jensenm » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks Dave. Sorry for the double post. I didn't realize you check the posts before they go up so I posted a second time thinking the first hadn't gone through. As always though I'm impressed with your commitment to customer service and appreciate your reply. It's great to see you still take such a personal interest in your products.
jensenm

Return to HanDBase for iPad