Difference Between iPad Versions

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Difference Between iPad Versions

Postby jensenm » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:41 am

I'm writing to get further information on the differences between the two versions for the ipad (education vs the regular version). I'm coming back to Handbase after a long hiatus. I originally had purchased the Palm version for my Palm Tungsten. I have the following questions:
1) Will I be able to import my existing databases from the Palm version over to either version for the iPad.
2) In the iTunes store it mentions that the Education version is able to read barcodes. Does this require an external barcode scanner or is this using the built in camera? Are both versions able to read barcodes?
3) Do both these versions have a desktop application similar to the Palm version or is this an extra purchase?

Thanks
jensenm

Re: Difference Between iPad Versions

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and interest. The Education version is really just the same application as the HanDBase for iPad with a bundle of databases designed for students and teachers. Both versions can interface with our HanDBase Desktop software, both can read barcodes via the built in camera (assuming your iPad has one!), and both can import and open any database designed for HanDBase 4.0 or higher. The education version includes the forms designer out of the box and it is also specially priced to provide a discount to help cash strapped schools.

But they are at the core the same program! Let me know if you have any other questions.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad