Sync with Acces database

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Sync with Acces database

Postby iquadproject » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi there,
I am in the process to synchronize my datababase in the iPad to an Access database.
I created a set of linked tables in the Handbase desktop aplication, then installed them to the iPad and now I´m trying to sync it with an Access database.

Before populating the database I exported all tables to the Access database.
In the iPhone sync settings > Select sync mode I selected iPhone data overwrites desktop.

I then did a test by populating three linked tables in the iPad (QUAT_SITE, QUAT_EXPOSURE, QUAT SAMPLE) and then I sync with the desktop aplication. All the data comes fine in the Desktop Handbase tables, but the linked fields (SITE_ID in QUAT_EXPOSURE and LAYER_ID in QUAT SAMPLE) are populated with long codes (see scree grab attached) in the Access database.

Would someone know how could I get the right values (eg EX14-001, EX14-002) in the linked fields of the access database?

Thanks,

Xavier
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-02-25 18.41.34.png
Screenshot 2014-02-25 18.41.34.png (191.24 KiB) Viewed 681 times
iquadproject

Re: Sync with Acces database

Postby dhaupert » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Actually those values are the values that are stored in the linked field to tie it to the parent record in the table that has the link field. It too has a value that looks similar and you'll find that a parent record's link field and a child record's linked field should match. In HanDBase we built the ability to show another field's value built into the linked field type and so that's the value you're after.

To do this in Access, you have to first define a relationship between the parent and child records via that link/linked pair. At that point you can select to show a field from the parent table in the child's table and that's how you'd see that other value you are after!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad