Check box automatically checked

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Check box automatically checked

Postby ich » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi,
I set up a database for surveys with more than one form. In the first form I have a checkbox.
The problem is that I don't check the checkbox and go to the next form (button with jump to form) but when I return to the first form, the check box is checked.
I hope there is a way to prevent this.
Best,
Jesper
ich

Re: Check box automatically checked

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 am

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to read of this issue.

Have not encountered it previously and I don't see anything like it when looking for it, so I wonder if it is a possibility that you have set the checkbox that is mysteriously toggling to checked to use the value of another field. If you scroll down the field's properties you will find this option. If set to use the value of another field that you are checking elsewhere this might be a possibility.

Please double check this and report back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby ich » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Brian,
thanks for your fast reply. I checked and was able to resolve that issue.

Not related to that issue I have a second question. I have linked several databases, as the questionnaires for our survey are quite extensive. Sometimes the surveyors forget to save one of the databases. Is there a possibility to combine the Button "jump to a form in another database" with a "save" button?
Best,
Jesper
ich

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 am

Hi Jesper,

There is no 'save database' function on the iPad- it saves the changes automatically as you return from following a link. So I don't believe that your users are forgetting to save a database in this case. Perhaps they are exiting a record without saving the record?
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad