csv import using Open-In

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

csv import using Open-In

Postby Alanwestwood » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:52 am

Surely I can't be the only one with this grumble.

I've been using HanDBase for some time now, and like it a lot. And it keeps improving. BUT, why do I still have to have to use another device and a web browser to feed csv data into my iPad databases? I can use Open-In to import and export pdb, but only to export csv. Why?!!

At the moment to feed csv data into my iPad HanDBase files from Numbers, Cyclemeter, Textastic, LogMyTraining, etc, etc, I have to export a csv file to FileBrowser, save it on a PC, Mac, or another iPad or tablet, open a browser there, and import it back to HanDBase on my iPad using your web server. What a chore, every time I want to send new data! Instead of several minutes to do this, I should be able to do it within seconds without leaving my iPad.

Please can you sort this - I've been waiting for months, expecting it to be added after bidirectional support for pdb files by Open-In was added. Its a mystery to me why it was omitted when csv export was added to Open-In. TapForms has allowed me to import and export csv for a couple of years, but its otherwise not as good as HanDBase - but nonetheless I drift back to it for some purposes solely because of this issue.

Thanks, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Re: csv import using Open-In

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:51 am

Hi,

We are actually testing this in the iPhone version right now! That means it will come to the iPad soon!

We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 am

Hi,

We are actually testing this in the iPhone version right now! That means it will come to the iPad soon!

We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards,
Brian_Houghton

Postby Alanwestwood » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:57 am

Thanks Brian. I am so pleased to hear that! This issue has been driving me nuts, because its the ONLY reason I ever fire up my PC these days.

Great!!!

Regards, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:13 am

We really appreciate your patience, Alan!

Kind Regards,
Brian_Houghton

Postby Serodgers » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:28 am

Any update to this? I see the latest iPhone version will import a .csv file via email with Open In,but the IPad for Education version I just purchased will not. It will Open .pdb files but not .csv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Serodgers

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. The iPad version has not yet been submitted as I was working on some other changes for iOS8. I anticipate submitting over the next several weeks however. Sorry for the delay!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad