Date Field limits

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Re: Date Field limits

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on forms and date implementations, Alan.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: Date Field limits

Postby makfai » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:28 am

Alanwestwood wrote:Hi makfai,

As a user . . .

I think I've looked at every iPad database over the years, and HanDBase is the best by a streak in my opinion. But in any event, good luck with your research.

Cheers, Alan.

Thank you for that contribution. I too use Ancestry and have both Family Tree Maker and Family Historian.

I was impressed by this app when I first got it to the extent that I drew the attention of the members of the Family Historian User Group to it. Those who, like me, use an iPad and desktop have been pursuing the Holy Grail of a research db since we started. I thought this app was the answer. However, the more I used it the more frustrated I got with the way you have to move around - going back so that you can then get to a point to move on.

As a 'feeder' for Excel I could have seen its value but now that I can use Excel on the iPad and sync both the desktop and IPad using this app to feed Excel is redundant. So saying, I would rather have a dedicated db than Excel when it comes to recording db data.

As I say I liked the app and had accepted the argument re rhe start date of 1904. I had quite happily started to use the work around suggested to me. However, I found the moving around was frustrating; this and the availability to sync Excel finally led me to abandon the app for genealogical research.

There is scope in the market for a db which will satisfy the needs of genealogy researchers who work across different platforms like MS and Apple.
makfai

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPad