Excluding a field when printing/exporting PDF

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Excluding a field when printing/exporting PDF

Postby Mando1493 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:55 am

Is it possible to exclude a field when printing or exporting the form(PDF)? I am currently using a running count on the master form of how many field deployments are made. Then a count on each type of deployment I have another count. I would like to see the running counts on the screen, but not on the final completed deployment form. The deployment count is also what links the parent DB to each child DB. Right now I have 3 DB's linked to the parent, 3 more in the works and more to come as needed.

Thanks in advance!
Mando1493

Re: Excluding a field when printing/exporting PDF

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:50 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. The PDF is an exact replica of the form it's printed from. That said, what you can do is create a new form that does not include those items in it and then add a print button that jumps to that form as a sort of 'print preview'. You can duplicate the existing form so you don't have to start from scratch. Make sense?
dhaupert

Postby Mando1493 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks for your response Dave, it does make sense. I do know how to duplicate the form and remove the field, make a tab to jump to the form, what I don't understand is how to duplicate the information placed into the fields.

Armando
Mando1493

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:03 am

When you duplicate the form all of the field values will be shown in that form as well. Or are you asking something different? Sorry if I am misunderstanding this!
dhaupert

Postby Mando1493 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:06 pm

I guess I'm not understanding. Once I fill out the form I created how would I duplicate it or print preview in the new form I duplicated minus the 2 fields I don't want to show in the PDF version. What I understood was to make a duplicate of the form and take out the fields I don't want shown. I guess, how do I populate the duplicated form without having to input the info again. If your not understanding maybe I would need step by step instructions on your original suggestion.

Thanks
Mando1493

Postby Mando1493 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Ok Dave I now understand! Took me a while..... When I enter data into the first form it automatically enters it into the duplicate form because it is the same field. I deleted the fields I don't want printed and it works perfectly. Thanks again.
Mando1493

Return to HanDBase for iPad