Syncing Problems

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Syncing Problems

Postby judyw » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi! I am so frustrated! I have been trying to sync my iPad and it's not working. I tap the sync button and it gives me an internet address (http://10.0.0.5:8080) but when I type that into my browser I get an error message saying that the browser couldn't connect to the address. I don't know what to do. The application keeps giving me the same address - I was hoping to try another one. I've also tried creating an ad hoc connection...which didn't work. Then I tried emailing the file in a .csv format to my ipad, but the program for some reason didn't recognize it and would open only it in the internet browser on my iPad. Then I tried converting the file to .pdb which handbase did recognize but then when I went to open it the app gave me an error message that said: error: file received was not a Handbase database or forms file. Help!!!! I don't know what else to do and since the app does not allow for dragging lines to rearrange the order of individual database items (which would be amazingly helpful!!!!!!!!!) I would have to start my 700 line - 5 column database from scratch. Please help! I tried to leave an email on the support site and that gave me a error code 404. I can't seem to win. Thanks! judy
judyw

Re: Syncing Problems

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:11 am

judyw wrote:Hi! I am so frustrated! I have been trying to sync my iPad and it's not working. I tap the sync button and it gives me an internet address (http://10.0.0.5:8080) but when I type that into my browser I get an error message saying that the browser couldn't connect to the address. I don't know what to do. The application keeps giving me the same address - I was hoping to try another one. I've also tried creating an ad hoc connection...which didn't work. Then I tried emailing the file in a .csv format to my ipad, but the program for some reason didn't recognize it and would open only it in the internet browser on my iPad. Then I tried converting the file to .pdb which handbase did recognize but then when I went to open it the app gave me an error message that said: error: file received was not a Handbase database or forms file. Help!!!! I don't know what else to do and since the app does not allow for dragging lines to rearrange the order of individual database items (which would be amazingly helpful!!!!!!!!!) I would have to start my 700 line - 5 column database from scratch. Please help! I tried to leave an email on the support site and that gave me a error code 404. I can't seem to win. Thanks! judy

Hi Judy,

Hope this finds you well... hoping you received my email reply on the 8th of this month. Please confirm whether or not you did receive the email.

If you did not, what I initially recommend is the following:

1. Enable Airplane Mode on your iPad
2. Unplug power from your wireless router
3. Wait about one minute
4. Plug power back into your wireless router
5. Wait for normal network operation to resume
6. Enable WiFi on the iPad
7. Attempt to use Desktop Connect (the web interface) or sync

Please let me know if you experience continued connection problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby sally » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:17 pm

This advice worked for me, after my browser failed on the first try to connect at the web address provided by hanDbase. My mac browser is connected.

BTW the info on this forum on how to get the web address was confusing. On my ipad, I don't see/can't find the "desktop with monitor" handDbase page mentioned. Pressing the "arrows in a circle" icon at the bottom produced the web address. But at least the forum clued me in on the web avenue for connection.
sally

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 am

Hi Sally,

My apologies for the confusion- the icon was changed for the iOS7 redesign. It used to looked like it was described in the text you read here but now it's a sync icon!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad