List View design

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

List View design

Postby Alanwestwood » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:36 am

Hi guys,

I'm a big fan of your Forms designer, and use it for all my iOS databases. Its excellent!

But it irks me that I can't make even the slightest modification to the List View to make it match my Forms. Maybe you could consider allowing us a bit more than just arranging the field order for the List View? Here are some suggestions of increasing complexity - but I'd settle for even the first, and would happily pay for an in-app enhancement for List View design ;-)

1. Allow us to define a background colour for a List View.
2. Allow the same fonts and text colours as available for the Forms designer for a List View.
3. Similarly allow the font, text colour, and background colour of the header to be defined for a List View.
4. Allow the font and colour of a field to be defined, and applied as default in the List View (and Forms designer).

Looking forward to seeing the iOS8 version - don't suppose it includes enhanced List View design by any chance?

All the best, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Re: List View design

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting.

While I cannot guarantee that your requests will make it into the iOS 8 update, we will definitely give them consideration, if not for the next update then for the future.

Sorry I cannot be more specific.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Re: List View design

Postby Alanwestwood » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:20 am

Thanks for considering them, Brian. Maybe a first step could be letting those of us with the forms designer match the background colour of the list view with a form. Its only cosmetic I know, but would improve the look of our databases enormously I think.

Anyway thanks again. HanDBase has become an essential part of my iPad software, with Numbers, Pages, Keynote, and FileBrowser. I no longer use a Mac or PC, simply don't need them :)

Regards, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Return to HanDBase for iPad