HanDBase and iOS 8

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Re: HanDBase and iOS 8

Postby Brian_Houghton » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:31 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

We have submitted an update to Apple, and are awaiting approval. Hopefully it occurs soon, and we will be sure to post when it does go live in the App Store.

Thanks for your patience!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby VelvetLounger » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 am

I have an issue where when I tap on an edit box within a graphic the keyboard pops up and pushes the graphic off the top if the screen. I am able to edit the field, but can not see the edit box while doing it. I am on an iPad Air.
Using HanDBase since I had my Palm 3.
VelvetLounger

Postby dhaupert » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi there,

Indeed that was a bug we fixed for this update. Sorry about this issue- it's the biggest one that cropped up!
dhaupert

Postby uboche » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:25 pm

the problem with the disappearing text fields when editing doesn't just apply to forms. On my iPad, it appears with every record in all my databases when I try to edit a text field.
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby dhaupert » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes, on the iPhone and iPad it presents in different cases but in all cases has been solved for the next update- at least all of the cases we've tried!
dhaupert

Postby uboche » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:20 am

Has the Update for HandBase and iOS 8 surfaced in anybody's App Store yet? It appears that the people at Apple's are a bit overworked with waving through anybody's bug fixes - including their own :D
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:33 am

Hi,

The HanDBase update has not yet been approved by Apple. We will post news when it is available.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby VBB » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:36 am

I would be grateful for some advice. I have just updated to iOS 8. My databases are intact but on attempting to make a new entry, the database fields disappear and there is a blank black screen when the keyboard pops up. The entry is still recorded but I cannot see it until I get rid of the keyboard. Do you think this is an iOS 8 issue or am I doing something else wrong? Many thanks
VBB

Postby VBB » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:48 am

Please ignore previous post and my apologies - new to the site and missed the ongoing discussion regarding the scrolling issue.
VBB

Postby ywolpin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

I have an issue with HandBase & IOS8
when I try to enter information inti any field, if the Ipad is being used vertically there is no problem. However, when I use it horizontally, as soon as I try to enter information, the fields disappear. When you do not see the fields, whatever you type will be entered, however, I cannot view it unless I turn the Ipad (mini) to a verical position.
Please note: This problem is only when entering new information or editing. Viewing is not a problem.
This issue started after upgrading to IOS 8.
I just checked my Iphone 6 with IOS 8 & have the same problem.
ywolpin

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for iPad