Delete Records not working

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Delete Records not working

Postby Cj4me » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:19 pm

suddenly today I cannot get the delete records command to delete all records in an open table. I can copy/move records but the Delete Records does nothing. Has always worked in the past. I am running IOS 7 on the ipad. Any suggestions.
Cj4me

Re: Delete Records not working

Postby dhaupert » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Can you tell me what version you are using on the device? You can see this on the about screen. Thanks in advance!
dhaupert

Postby Cj4me » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:39 am

Hello, using version 4.9.062. Also using IOS 8 with latest update. I have deleted the program and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Unable to use the Delete Record to completely delete all records in a table. I can delete them individually but that is labour intensive. Also now not able to reinstall my database tables to the ipad. Not good.. Thanks for any assistance. Blake
Cj4me

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Blake,

Thanks for following up. I was just able to duplicate the issue of not being able to delete mass records and it is definitely a bug that unfortunately slipped by us. We will get this fixed in the next update and apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the issue with not being able install any of your databases, can you elaborate on the steps you are taking and the results you are getting?

I have tried syncing, downloading from Dropbox, opening from email, generating from a CSV import and each of them are working for me.

Thanks in advance for the steps as that will be helpful in tracking down the install issue.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Cj4me » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello Brian, thanks for your consideration. With regard to getting the tables back on the ipad, I just dragged them over from itunes.. All is well. Looking forward to the update. Blake
Cj4me

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:53 am

Hi Blake,

Thanks for following up. Dave has also confirmed the problem and is working on an update. We should have it submitted to Apple for review by the end of the day if all goes as planned.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Alanwestwood » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 am

Hi guys, I hadn't noticed that, but sure enough I can't delete all records exactly as stated. It's not something I do often, though, a bit too dangerous for me ;-)

More usually I just duplicate the database using the existing one as a template, and delete the old database later (or move it somewhere out of the way using a file manager app).

Cheers, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Return to HanDBase for iPad