Issue trying to create a photo field with custom forms

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Issue trying to create a photo field with custom forms

Postby USMampoer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:36 pm

I am using the IPAD version to write an application that will take two pictures, I am using the custom form and used the picture control. I can get the camera to take a picture but I cannot get the picture to display on the form.

What I need is a custom form that has a 2 x camera controls that can show two pictures on the form
USMampoer

Re: Issue trying to create a photo field with custom forms

Postby dhaupert » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and question. When using a photo field with a form, there are two separate relevant controls. The first is the Picture control itself. You add this to the form and point the data source to the Text field where the image file name is stored. You can easily have two of these on the screen, just create one for each.

Now to have a button that goes to the camera or image picker, you'll need a button and have it point to the External field for the photo. The action for the button will be Follow Link/Linked/External.

If you like you can create an image icon and use a picture button, but the picture has to be a static image, not one in a field name since you're pointing it at the External field, not the Text field.

Let me know if the above doesn't make sense and I'll try to elaborate!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad