App Lockup when Updating Forms iOS 8

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

App Lockup when Updating Forms iOS 8

Postby lakey » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi,
Recently I updated my OS to 8.1.3. I am editing a series of forms and having frequent lockup when editing - especially if editing multiple controls in succession without saving. This has been happening also if I don't save the form and leave the app and then come back. I will have the window that normally lists all my forms but the window will be empty and the "Back" link at the top left will be showing, but it won't respond. I am forced to close and reopen the app and when I do, all changes since my last "Save" of the form are lost. This sounds like it could be related to the memory leak in iOS 8 mentioned in an earlier post, but wanted to document it specifically so it can be examined. My forms are large about 55 controls on each, so that may have something to do with it. I can send you the form file if necessary.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Larry
lakey

Re: App Lockup when Updating Forms iOS 8

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Larry,

Thanks for posting.

Please send me a copy of your database and form file, along with as detailed list of steps needed to reproduce what you are experiencing, to me at support@ddhsoftware.com

When emailing please be sure to reference this post and also note which model of iPad you are using.

Thanks in advance!
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPad