Updating a join text field without leaving current form

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Updating a join text field without leaving current form

Postby chuxtable » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 am

Hi, I posted some time ago about getting HanDBase to update the contents of a combined text field without having to close the form you are working in, or open another database (via a db popup field) and then returning to the first db form. Brian Houghton suggested adding a button (labelled "refresh") to the form that was not associated with any field, and assigning the action "Jump to form" with the name of the current form I am trying to update. I tried this and couldn't get it to work. It would be really graeat to be able to do this. Am I doing something wrong? Charles
chuxtable

Re: Updating a join text field without leaving current form

Postby chuxtable » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Dear HanDBase, I was just wondering if you are still able to support queries forbHanDBase for ipad. I have not been able to get an answer on this one since I posted for a second time on August 23rd (first time was even further back, when Brian suggested a fix, but it didn't work,and I requested further help). Can you at least let me know if what I have asked is possible? I think HanDBase is a fantastic app, and especially great for the support that you guys provide. I for one would be willing to pay more for HanDBase, as it's capabilities are fantastic and represent great value for money. I'd hate to think that you've had to scale back the support. Hoping to hear from you! Charles
chuxtable

Re: Updating a join text field without leaving current form

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi Charles,

Thanks for posting, and for your patience. I do sincerely apologize as I mistakenly didn't see your original post.

Regarding the action you are attempting, the combination of fields, it is one of the actions that by default doesn't update automatically as the values are edited, but instead rather at record saving.

The jump to form option, set to jump to the current form, is a trick I use sometimes to attempt to fool the app to save at a specific time.

Please send me a copy of your database and form, if possible, at support@ddhsoftware.com and I'll take a look at it for you.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPad