Sync Issues (suddenly)

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Sync Issues (suddenly)

Postby conwarjwalters » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:31 am

Hello,
On iPad only, I'm now starting to have issues with the sync feature. What's strange is that the application crashes on the iPad, even if I don't initiate the sync from the desktop. Meaning, I set the sync within HanDBase, and somewhere between 1 second and up to a minute the window closes without any error. I have removed the application on the iPad and downloaded again (which did remove all of my databases) and the same behavior occurs.

Anyone else having this issue? The only thing that has changed since I synced last was the iOS 9.3.3 upgrade, but that also happened on my iPhone and I'm not seeing the same issue.

I will keep playing to see if I can figure out what is going on with this problem on my side as well.

Joe
conwarjwalters

Re: Sync Issues (suddenly)

Postby conwarjwalters » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:54 am

All, I actually ended up wiping the iPad, and apparently there is iOS 9.3.4 available (since yesterday), and no dice. So, a fresh iPad with only a base OS and Handbase, syncing starts (just on the iPad and not my Desktop), it runs for a few seconds to a minute, then crashes.

Not sure why/what is going on...any ideas?
conwarjwalters

Re: Sync Issues (suddenly)

Postby conwarjwalters » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Changing SSID's at home appears to fix the issue. I have removed all ARP entries on the problematic network, and reset everything, but that network remains a problem. It would appear this is some localized issue with my config, and will post if I figure out the exact issue, but I guess something on that network is happy with a client opening on 8080, or something with a conflict (although I can't really find an issue with either, and the network is about 4+ years old...)

Have a great weekend all!
conwarjwalters

Return to HanDBase for iPad