Syncing iPad to Desktop

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Syncing iPad to Desktop

Postby Delfi_r » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:11 pm

I have last version of HandBase for Ipad installed.

I have purchased the desktop plus edition. And triing to sync the iPad database to de desktop. Both devices are on the same Wifi connection, but the iPad says we need a wifi connection to sync.

What is wrong on my setup?
Delfi_r

Re: Syncing iPad to Desktop

Postby curtterp » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:47 am

I wrote these troubleshooting steps for a person with the same issue in the iPhone section

Here are a few things to try. These troubleshooting tips are for home networks. if you are trying to sync to a work WiFi network, you need to make sure that you have the permissions and rights to connect to the work network.

1 - Go to Settings->WiFi. If WiFi is turned on, turn it off, wait about 20 seconds then turn it on, and make sure it connects to WiFi of your choice. Try to sync again.
2 - If you still get the same error, then go to Settings->General. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap on Shut Down. Slide the shutdown slider to the right. Wait for about 30 seconds, then press the On button on the side until you see the Apple Logo. Log back into your device, make sure that you're connected to WiFi and try again.
3 - If you still get the same error, then you want to shut down your WiFi Router/Access Point, wait about 30 seconds and then turn it back on. Wait for the router to come back up, check to make sure that you are connected to WiFi and try again.

NOTE: Step 4 is only for LTE versions of iPad
4 - If you still get the error, then one more thing to try. Go to Settings, and turn on Airplane mode. Leaving Airplane mode on, tap on Wifi, and make sure that you connect to the WiFi network. You will see the WiFi symbol and the airplane symbol in the upper right corner. Try to turn on HanDBase sync again. If it doesn't work, then try to use Safari to surf the internet with airplane mode on and WiFi connected. If surfing the internet fails, then there is something going on with your iPad and you will need to talk to Apple Support for possible WiFi failure with your phone. If you can surf the internet, but cannot fire up the sync on the phone, then go to step 5.
5 - BACK UP YOUR IPAD BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS STEP. Press and hold on the HanDBase icon until all icons wiggle. Tap on the 'x' in the upper left corner on the HanDBase icon and select Delete. Once it is deleted, open the App Store and search for HanDBase. Click on the cloud icon to install HanDBase again on your iPhone. Once it is downloaded again, try to sync with HanDBase again.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Delfi_r » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 am

I’ ve tried all options but deleting Hanbase on the iPad.

Handbase is unable to see the wifi connection so I can’t transfer any data.

As the iPad database is the data that need to be synced, ill try to backup the data with a program before deleting the app (as this deletes the Handbase data as well)
Delfi_r

Postby curtterp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Delfi_r wrote:I’ ve tried all options but deleting Hanbase on the iPad.

Handbase is unable to see the wifi connection so I can’t transfer any data.

As the iPad database is the data that need to be synced, ill try to backup the data with a program before deleting the app (as this deletes the Handbase data as well)

One other thing to try

• Go to Settings
  • Press on Wifi
  • Locate the WiFi name that you are connected to. Press on the i with a circle around it next to the name
  • Locate and press on 'Forget This Network'. This will delete the network settings from WiFi
  • If you get a confirmation screen, confirm you want to delete the network.
  • You should be taken back to the WiFi screen.
  • Wait a minute and you should see the network show up again. Press on it
  • Enter the network key
  • You should be able to access the network again from your iPad
  • Open HanDBase and try to sync again.

I am assuming that you have iPadOS13 or iPadOS14 installed. If you have something different, please let us know which iPadOS you have installed.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for iPad