HanDBase for iPad submitted to the App Store!

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

HanDBase for iPad submitted to the App Store!

Postby dhaupert » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi all,

Welcome to this new forum for the HanDBase for iPad. I just created this forum and this first topic to align with the big moment a few moments ago when I hit the big submit button to send off the iPad version to Apple's App Store and begin the approval process! It's exciting, yet bittersweet, as who knows how long it will take to see it approved and ready for sale? I guess we'll all find out together!

Here is the temporary page set up for the iPad version: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/iPad. At this point many of the links are placeholders as we have not yet uploaded new documentation or Knowledgebase articles. Over the next week you'll see our site come together in this regard and certainly most should be ready before the app goes live.

As this is a separate product from the iPhone version, I decided to make a separate set of forums for this. While much functionality is shared between the iPhone and iPad versions, and there could be some overlapping conversations, I feel it's important to allow for separation for better organization and on-topic discussions!

I look forward to speaking with you all about this product. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the product and I'll be happy to answer as best I can!

Thanks for your interest in HanDBase.
dhaupert

Re: HanDBase for iPad submitted to the App Store!

Postby Medix » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am

Looking forward to using it!
Medix

Postby dhaupert » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:39 am

An update to this- the app was rejected by Apple in it's current incarnation. They had an issue with the popup items that we have on screens like the Choose Database since they conflict with the iPad's popover items. What is sad is that we had these popup items on our HanDBase program a month before they even showed the iPad to anyone.

Will take me a few days to figure out a new solution and resubmit, sorry folks for the bad news!
dhaupert

Postby dhaupert » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Further update to my update- I just resubmitted a new version to Apple for their review. I hope this one goes through as I addressed not only the original reason, but a bunch of possible other related reasons that they did not report. Hope I got 'em all, but you never know!
dhaupert

iPad database sync

Postby nefserrano@gmail.com » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 pm

On the iPad page of the website it says that a new feature is the ability for the iPad software to sync a database sent via email? Can you explain what this means?
nefserrano@gmail.com

Postby dhaupert » Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Neftali,

On the iPhone if someone emails you a database file, there is currently nothing you can do with it. This is because the iPhone OS prior to 3.2 (the iPad's version) does not support any sort of file type associations like a computer does. The iPad's OS added this long requested feature and although there is minimal documentation on how to set up, I was able to get it working on the iPad version. Now if someone emails you a HanDBase PDB file, and you open it in the mail program, you'll see the attachment having our HanDBase icon and if you tap it, you will be asked if you want to open it in HanDBase. If you select to do so, HanDBase will copy the file into it's own documents folder, and if the database already existed in HanDBase for iPad, it will sync the changes into the existing one. This is the same logic as the synchronization our conduit uses in that new records are added, modifications propogated, and deletes carried forth into the existing version.

So basically two Physicians on call could email a database from one to another when one shift ends and another begins, and use email to sync the changes between them. Hope this makes sense!
dhaupert

Postby dhaupert » Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Happy to report that the HanDBase for iPad version is live in the App store right now! Here's the link to go right to it:
itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/handbase ... 57427?mt=8

Let me know what you think- anxious to hear your thoughts and questions!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPad