Anybody with problems downloading a template?

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Anybody with problems downloading a template?

Postby dhaupert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi all,

I have a user who is having trouble downloading a template from the Gallery. Whenever he selects the option in the Create a New Database link to 'Download a Template', browses to a template and selects the download applet link, he gets a safari error. The problem is that I'm not seeing this on my end- it works fine for me. So I'd like to get a handle on whether this is just something he has happening, or whether it's happening for more people and perhaps my iPad is tainted by all the development builds I have loaded onto it ;)

Thanks in advance for giving this a quick check!
dhaupert

Re: Anybody with problems downloading a template?

Postby dhaupert » Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 am

Scratch that- we determined the cause of the problem! Basically if you had HanDBase for iPhone installed on your iPad, it will associate links with handbase://www.sitename.com/etc.pdb to it even though the iPad version also associates with the same link. The iPhone version was then deleted and though the iPad was there and ready to handle the links, until you reboot the iPad, this adjustment did not take place.

So the trick is to reboot the iPad if you have deleted HanDBase for iPhone, so that HanDBase for iPad can be registered to handle the links as they are clicked within the gallery.

Problem solved!
dhaupert

Postby Baysailor » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 am

FYI: I just installed your app, only on my ipad. When downloading the ActiveCaptain templates, two loaded without incident. The remaining templates would not download until I re-booted the ipad after two successful downloads.
Baysailor

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:00 am

Baysailor wrote:FYI: I just installed your app, only on my ipad. When downloading the ActiveCaptain templates, two loaded without incident. The remaining templates would not download until I re-booted the ipad after two successful downloads.

You'll find that if you close HanDBase, by double tapping the home button and sliding up on the app thumbnail, when this happens, you can again receive databases. This should eliminate the need for a full reset.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPad