Transfer images from desktop to ipad ???

Discussions for the HanDBase for iPad and it's conduits and desktop add-ons

Transfer images from desktop to ipad ???

Postby markcrssc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:09 am

OK, I have a new database with 2967 records in it. Each record has an associated picture. Now on my Windows Mobile 6.5 version of Handbase I can click the link and see the picture. Of course, I have no way of getting the pictures to the iPad version!

I can happily view the data, and indeed the image link is displayed, but this refers to a known jpg image file. The only way I can get the images in the handbase for ipad is if I manually add them! Not easy when the images are very similer, and with 2967 of them, would take me forever, and of course, would have to be repaeated every day to sync with changes in qty in stock, as the database would be overwritten, and with it, the images.

So, is it possible to import my images directly to the storage area that handbase uses, or am I basically going to have to go back to windows smartphone, or indeed, netbooks and a proper developed solution?
markcrssc

Re: Transfer images from desktop to ipad ???

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post- it's a great question. The images we store/refer to can be uploaded via the Desktop Connect mode. When you open that mode on your web browser, you can see the option to upload a database to the iPad. When you browse for a file, you can pick an image file and then install it via that method. That's far easier than putting them on the iPhone's image gallery and then having to find and choose them again!

That said, it's still having to click something like that 2967 times, which I can imagine could be tedious. Our conduit has a folder you can place HanDBase files to install them on the next sync. My plan is to make that accept images as well, so in the future you could just copy the images to that location and they'll be installed on the next sync. If that's something that would work for you, let me know. Also, what type of desktop are you running (Win or Mac)?
dhaupert

Postby Graeme » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Is there any update on this?
The folders for the conduit exist, but it appears to be a one-way transfer only.

Cheers,
Graeme.
Graeme

Postby dhaupert » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Sadly the conduit is still not transferring/installing images. You can copy them to the install folder to queue them for installation, but the current release version does not attempt to install them. I do have a test version which has had limited success and have not been able to work on it over the last few weeks as I'm knee deep in other updates and projects right now.

Hope to address this in the future- very sorry about this!
dhaupert

Postby MDE » Tue May 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Is there any progress on this? As far as I can see it is still necessary to transfer the image files one at a time. Transfer via the conduit would be best, but even multiple file selection would be an improvement.
Thanks.
MDE

Return to HanDBase for iPad