Support for iPhone X

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Support for iPhone X

Postby Kensong » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

Hi, it's been awhile since the last update to iOS HanDbase. I'm wondering if an updated version for the iPhone X screen size is coming anytime soon. I'm totally dependent on this app for everyday use and would appreciate the added screen real estate. Thank you.
Kensong

Re: Support for iPhone X

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 am

Hi,

Thanks for writing. I too have the iPhone X, but unlike you, my HanDBase version runs full screen on it- because I've been working on this very thing! I hope to have an update submitted to the app store in the coming weeks but this has proved tricky- the Xcode support for the iPhone X assumes for the first time that your app is using storyboards for it's design and HanDBase predates storyboards and uses a programmatic UI. There is no real support for doing it that way so I had to blaze my own trail- I just about have it all working but have a few wrinkles to iron out and a lot of testing to do!

I can't really provide an estimate for release- with the holidays coming and me back to having a full time job by day, it's only the little free time I can find on weekends to work on it. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll have an update!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: Support for iPhone X

Postby Kensong » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Dave,

That's good to know. So looking forward to it but I totally understand your situation. Thank you for the update.
Kensong

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch