PDF IPhone 5S Missing top of Form

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

PDF IPhone 5S Missing top of Form

Postby Treanot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:06 pm

I just update to IOS 11 from IOS 10 Recently and I just Updated from the previous version of handbase to the Current version, so I'm not sure where the problem happened. Either the IOS update or the Handbase version update.

My form that I export as using Save forms to PDF from handbase
then Share from handbase
then either Message or Mail Chops of the top section of my PDF.

The top section does contain an graphic, a business logo, which is inserted as a graphic in the PDF (Static Image for all forms). Behind the Graphic I have a few "Buttons" that navigate the different Layouts . That section and the section to the right of the graphic that contains Database Fields are also removed.
The Main Body of the PDF does contain other Images taken with a Container from Handbase, that is not affected.

I will attempt to remove the graphic see what happens (maybe Corrupt image)
I will Also resize the Form.
I'll "play" with the issue to see if there is a resolve, but this did happen after "Updates"

Anyone else have issues with export PDF after updates?
Treanot

Re: PDF IPhone 5S Missing top of Form

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for writing. You may have found a bug in HanDBase! I can't be sure, but I am thinking maybe the recent updates to HanDBAse earlier this year could be where the change happened- this is where I wrote code to handle the notch in iPhone X devices and this seems suspiciously related to what you describe.

I'm wondering if you could possibly email me your database and forms so that I can try to debug this problem and be sure? If so, my email is dhaupert ... (the rest should be pretty obvious!).
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Treanot » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 am

Thanks for the reply. I will email you a copy of the Database. Its a bit of a mess, of coding, and user work arounds, but at least the basic form is there. I delete the graphic from the top of the form and that did not do anything. I moved the fields down from the top and that did not do anything. Then I noticed it was actually chopping off at set point on the form from the top, since it was then interfering with another Image Container Field.
Treanot

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi,

Some good news- I was able to duplicate this problem with any form based database and I think I was able to find a fix for it. I'm testing it now- if you'd like to get a beta copy, please email me and I'll add you to the beta testers group so you can verify it works for you.

I spent a long time thinking it was related to iOS11's support of the iPhone X and the cut off part of the top screen, but ultimately I found a solution without anything to do with that aspect.

I hope to submit this update to the App Store in the coming week with this fixed and the text selection bug addressed.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch