HanDBase v4.9.074 has been submitted to the app store!

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: HanDBase v4.9.074 has been submitted to the app store!

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 pm

tomkrahn wrote:I installed the latest version 4.9.075.
My previously installed forms don't show up.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Can you contact support@ddhsoftware.com for some assistance on this? No one else has reported this issue thus far, and we want to investigate!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: 9.0.075 not available to me?

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:57 pm

glenwf wrote:I see 9.075 in the app store, but with only the "Open" button.
My "App Store" app doesn't get it for me to select to upgrade.
This is the first time this has happened, so I'm stumped because I've upgraded versions ok since Palm 3.

iPod Touch 5, iOS = 9.3.5
HanDBase ver = 4.9.073 2016.9.17.1
This determined by selecting the Info button at the bottom of HanDBase Databases list.

How do I get the upgrade other than deleting HanDBase and re-installing it?

Hi Glen,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to say that the latest build supports only iOS10 and iOS11. I had to raise the minimum to make use of some of the new APIs in the app. Unfortunately unless your device lets you update to iOS10 or iOS11, you may be out of luck getting any further updates to HanDBase. The price of progress :(
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Max » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 am

tomkrahn wrote:Please don't suggest upgrading to iOS 11. I have been avoiding this due to problems with performance, battery life, etc.
I'd rather just go back to the old version of Handbase.

Tom

Just in case you haven't heard, the reason for slowness in iOS 11 is to prevent crashes of older iPhones whose battery state is below 80% (of something--I don't know exactly what they're measuring). The remedy for that is to have Apple replace the battery. The cost is now only $29. That's what it took to turn my frustrating iPhone 6+ into effectively a brand new phone, with its original speed.
Max

Postby hudsonhawk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi Dave,
Congratulations on posting the new update. I'm very excited about the new data feature(kicking off an email). Will you get to adding it soon to the Forms module? I note that this feature works from a db without a form but if I use an old form or create a new database and add a new form it doesn't work within the form. also, oddly the "x" for clearing a field appears in my text field on the form but not on the note field. Hope this will come soon. Thank you!
hudsonhawk

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 am

hudsonhawk wrote:Hi Dave,
Congratulations on posting the new update. I'm very excited about the new data feature(kicking off an email). Will you get to adding it soon to the Forms module? I note that this feature works from a db without a form but if I use an old form or create a new database and add a new form it doesn't work within the form. also, oddly the "x" for clearing a field appears in my text field on the form but not on the note field. Hope this will come soon. Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for writing and this is a great question. So on iOS, any text field (not the HanDBase text field, but a UITextField) is used for single line entries and includes the option to show an x button to clear the text. The UITextView is used for multiline text and this does not have that option. In HanDBase, any time you specify a one line text option, I can show the x button as a result since I'm using the UITextField for that case.

What I did in the last release is create my own version of a text box that uses the multi-line capable UITextView but also offers an x button. Kind of like the best of both worlds! I implemented this in the Edit Record screen but not the Form screen as of now. And the answer is I can certainly look at using this in the form screen- in fact, I'll add this to my todo list for the next version.

Thanks again for the post!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Delfi_r » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:53 am

One question: iPhone app and iPad app are different programs, but there are database format differences?

My main project is a Photographica database. All itmes are on a table, and there are support tables and composite tables. I have all working on the iPad and yesterdaya after purchasing the iPhone app I’ve send by email al tables and forms (not real forms as this work is on the to-do list) and one table (and only one) shows an error on the importing process.

The error is present when I open it the last so all previos tables are created.

iPhone and iPad on the last iOS version.

For the moment it’s not really important. My intention was to get the iPhone version for the GPS adquisition of places (some day we’ll discuss that) and the main table where position is recorded is working.

I can send you the files (there is a lot of private data but i can try to clear it on a copy
Delfi_r

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 am

Hi there,

Thanks for writing. The versions of the app are using the same exact database engine and should be fully compatible between the two platforms. It could be that something went wrong during the transfer process between the two- you may want to try to do the process again of copying the databases from one platform to the other. If it still doesn't work, then yes, please do send the copies to me or support (after cleaning out the private info) and we can take a look!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch