iOS14

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iOS14

Postby patrickwest » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 am

Folks,

Just wondering where HanDBase stands in regards to iOS14?

A while back we were reminded
curtterp wrote:Dave still actively works on HanDBase, but there are several items to remember
  • Dave has a full-time job - Dave had to get a full-time job to support his family when HanDBase was no longer bringing in enough money.
  • Dave does have a family - Sometimes things happen in a family, and you need to be there for them.
  • Dave is the only developer of HanDBase - Which also means that he is the only one to support multiple platforms/devices/technologies.
  • Dave doesn't have a huge lab of devices to troubleshoot on.

So I'm wondering if iOS14 is looking to be a major issue for HanDBase or not?

Patrick
patrickwest

Re: iOS14

Postby curtterp » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:22 am

I have been testing a little bit on iPadOS 14, and it works pretty well on the iPad.

I do not have a test iPhone to check out iOS 14, but with how it looks on the iPad, I have confidence that it will perform as well on the iPhone.

Now it is only the first beta, so things may change in the next few months before iOS/iPadOS is officially released, but at this time, it doesn't go boom :D
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Re: iOS14

Postby ken.w » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm

I'm on the first developer beta of iOS 14 and HanDBase is working fine. No issues at all so far.
ken.w

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch