iphone sync issue

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iphone sync issue

Postby dennisriv » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:17 am

I am an old user. I started using HanDBase back in the Palm Pilot days and have transitioned as I have advanced technology. I currently have it loaded on my iPhone running 13.5.1 and was able to develop a new database, I am also running it on my iPad with the latest version of the ipad software, not ipad 14. I can sync with the ipad to my surface but not to my mac and not at all from my iPhone. When I push the sync button on the iPhone, I get: Erroir: To use this feature, you must connect to a WiFi network. It doesn't matter what net work I am connected to, it still will not sync.

Any ideas how to help without deleting all the databases records.

Thanks dennis
dennisriv

Re: iphone sync issue

Postby curtterp » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:40 am

dennisriv wrote:I am an old user. I started using HanDBase back in the Palm Pilot days and have transitioned as I have advanced technology. I currently have it loaded on my iPhone running 13.5.1 and was able to develop a new database, I am also running it on my iPad with the latest version of the ipad software, not ipad 14. I can sync with the ipad to my surface but not to my mac and not at all from my iPhone. When I push the sync button on the iPhone, I get: Erroir: To use this feature, you must connect to a WiFi network. It doesn't matter what net work I am connected to, it still will not sync.

Any ideas how to help without deleting all the databases records.

Thanks dennis

Here are a few things to try. These troubleshooting tips are for home networks. if you are trying to sync to a work WiFi network, you need to make sure that you have the permissions and rights to connect to the work network.

1 - Go to Settings->WiFi. If WiFi is turned on, turn it off, wait about 20 seconds then turn it on, and make sure it connects to WiFi of your choice. Try to sync again.
2 - If you still get the same error, then go to Settings->General. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap on Shut Down. Slide the shutdown slider to the right. Wait for about 30 seconds, then press the On button on the side until you see the Apple Logo. Log back into your device, make sure that you're connected to WiFi and try again.
3 - If you still get the same error, then you want to shut down your WiFi Router/Access Point, wait about 30 seconds and then turn it back on. Wait for the router to come back up, check to make sure that you are connected to WiFi and try again.
4 - If you still get the error, then one more thing to try. Go to Settings, and turn on Airplane mode. Leaving Airplane mode on, tap on Wifi, and make sure that you connect to the WiFi network. You will see the WiFi symbol and the airplane symbol in the upper right corner. Try to turn on HanDBase sync again. If it doesn't work, then try to use Safari to surf the internet with airplane mode on and WiFi connected. If surfing the internet fails, then there is something going on with your phone and you will need to talk to Apple Support for possible WiFi failure with your phone. If you can surf the internet, but cannot fire up the sync on the phone, then go to step 5.
5 - BACK UP YOUR IPHONE BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS STEP. Press and hold on the HanDBase icon until all icons wiggle. Tap on the 'x' in the upper left corner on the HanDBase icon and select Delete. Once it is deleted, open the App Store and search for HanDBase. Click on the cloud icon to install HanDBase again on your iPhone. Once it is downloaded again, try to sync with HanDBase again.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby dennisriv » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 pm

I have tried all of these and it still doesn’t work
dennisriv

Postby curtterp » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:16 pm

and you kept getting the error when you first tap on the sync button on the iPhone?

and you were able to surf the internet when you put the iPhone into Airplane mode after you turned on WiFi?
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby glenwf » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 am

Have you tried connecting to the computer with a USB cable and syncing that way? Working or not that way may give clues to what is wrong.
glenwf

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch