Filters crashing program

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Filters crashing program

Postby mmstallings » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Since the upgrade on my 2nd gen iTouch to 3.0 most every filter I apply to databases end up crashing the program. Anyone else having this problem?
mmstallings

Re: Filters crashing program

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:18 pm

We have had a number of reports of this. Try this to see if it helps for you and let me know:

When editing your filter values, before pressing save on the top right, press the done button on the keyboard. This gets rid of the keyboard from the screen. Now press Save. Does it still crash?
dhaupert

Postby mmstallings » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:57 pm

That actually does work! I'm the one that emailed you all a few days ago with this problem and you wanted me to send you the database(s) I was having this problem with. Do you still want me to do that? I won't be able to till this weekend if you still need them. But it sounds like this is what I should do. I should have been hitting "done" all along.

Another related problem I've always had: In a filtered database, in this case a parts list I have, when I filter the list and then do an "advanced search" it will find the first instance and then the "repeat search" may find one or two more, but then it will say "no matches found" when I know for a fact there are more. If I remove the filter and then do the same thing, advanced search and then repeat, it will find all instances. I didn't have this problem on the Palm platform.

Thanks for your help. Been a handbase user for 10 years now and I couldn't live without it!

Michael
mmstallings

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 pm

I've received a few emails about this one, but as of now, no need for a database as it seems reproducible under these circumstances. I will definitely be fixing this one soon, getting it approved and on the app store is another issue altogether!

At least we have a temporary workaround until the release is live.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch