Known Bugs for HanDBase iPhone 4.2.0

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Known Bugs for HanDBase iPhone 4.2.0

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi,

The following bugs have been confirmed and are being worked on by me:

Using iPhone 3.0 OS and v4.2.0:

- Save Edit Filter crashing - this happens only on iPhone 3.0 devices, not 2.2.1, it seems that if the keyboard is up/visible when you close the edit filter screen, the app will crash.
Workaround: Close the keyboard by pressing Done before pressing save. Let me know if this workaround does not work for you.

- DB Popup select causing crash- this is only iPhone 3.0 as well, certain databases are crashing when you go to select a db popup value from the other database.

- Edit Popups ABC button causes crash - only in iPhone 3.0 as well, it seems from the Edit Record screen if you select the ABC button to sort the popup list, the app can crash.
Workaround: Make sure you have a popup value selected before you sort. If no popup value is selected, it will crash due to new 3.0 OS change.

- Edit author information and leave keyboard up when hitting save causes crash- only on iPhone 3.0, working on fix
Workaround: Close the keyboard by pressing Done before pressing save. If you are editing the comments, there is no done button, so select the author field, then press done and then you can save without a crash.

- Assigning an external field type that is for picking or taking photos to store it's image name to a note field causes a crash when selecting photo- on all OS, not just 3.0.
Workaround: Use Text field type to store image path.

- If two users were using HanDBase for iPhone and the image picker or camera external field type with the same database, they could wind up with two different images with the same filename.
Status: Fixed for Next version. File names starting in 4.2.1 will have the iPhone/iPod touch device ID within them to avoid this problem.

- When using 'Download a New Template' link to the HanDBase gallery, the downloads were not doing anything. This turned out to be because of a change in the 3.0 OS version of Mobile Safari, and something we were able to address on the Gallery web site, and not require an update of HanDBase to fix.

- Export to CSV of a Linked field is exporting the text value of the linked field, not the long numeric value that links it to its parent.

- Current selected record in list view not always shown - in OS 3.0, they disabled the ability to highlight a record. Prior to this it was discouraged, but now it seems to be no longer supported. This means you often can't tell what record was last edited.
Status: Working on a solution- perhaps changing the background color of the cell to accomplish the same purpose.

I'm sorry for the bugs, these did not surface when testing the 3.0 beta builds here ahead of the release of 3.0. And all seem to be present in the prior builds of our iPhone app as well. I will update this first posting article as I find more out about these, and any new bug reports as well.
dhaupert

Re: Known Bugs for HanDBase iPhone 4.2.0

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:56 am

Just updated with two more bugs:

- Edit author information and leave keyboard up when hitting save causes crash- only on iPhone 3.0, working on fix
Workaround: Close the keyboard by pressing Done before pressing save. If you are editing the comments, there is no done button, so select the author field, then press done and then you can save without a crash.

- Assigning an external field type that is for picking or taking photos to store it's image name to a note field causes a crash when selecting photo- on all OS, not just 3.0.
dhaupert

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 am

Further followup,

After fixing the items below, I submitted v4.2.1 to the Apple store. Here's hoping they approve this fix very quickly and not like the previous update which took more than 3 weeks!

I updated the following items:

- If two users were using HanDBase for iPhone and the image picker or camera external field type with the same database, they could wind up with two different images with the same filename.
Status: File names starting in 4.2.1 will have the iPhone/iPod touch device ID within them to avoid this problem.
dhaupert

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 am

Just added two new bug reports to the main article:

- When using 'Download a New Template' link to the HanDBase gallery, the downloads were not doing anything. This turned out to be because of a change in the 3.0 OS version of Mobile Safari, and something we were able to address on the Gallery web site, and not require an update of HanDBase to fix.

- Export to CSV of a Linked field is exporting the text value of the linked field, not the long numeric value that links it to its parent.
dhaupert

Postby lagunacreek » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:26 pm

4.2.1 for iPhone was available last night.
Looking good! Thanks! :D
lagunacreek

Postby dhaupert » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:32 pm

lagunacreek wrote:4.2.1 for iPhone was available last night.
Looking good! Thanks! :D

Yeah, that was a nice independence day surprise for all of us! Hope it fixes all. I will be starting a new thread for 4.2.1 if and when I receive a bug report for it.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch