Need help in tracking down 4.7.0 bug

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Need help in tracking down 4.7.0 bug

Postby dhaupert » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi all,

As some of you have seen on this forum and in your own program, a change made in 4.7.0 of HanDBase for iPhone makes some related tables function incorrectly. There are two issues that I've seen/heard reported:

1. A crash when opening a database when there is a relationship value in it that depends on a table that also has calculations. This one I believe I have fixed at this point for the next update.
2. On occasion, the list of records in a related database shows as empty when there should be some values in it.

#2 is the item I need your help with. I've seen it happen once every dozen or so times during testing and use with my own personal databases, but have not been able to make it happen consistently enough to debug. Do you have a database where you're seeing this bug happen for you? If so, please respond here and let me know the details. I may ask you to send me the databases via email, if they are not too personal or confidential in nature.

Thanks in advance for your help- as soon as I get this fixed, I plan on submitting another update to the App Store.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch