Photopicker

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Photopicker

Postby Leon » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 pm

I like being able to pick a photo for an external field, but the image is too small and there sems to be no way to increase the size of the photo. I use HanDBase to keep track of problem jobs and I take photos of unit components with my iPhone. Am I overlooking something? The small photo is not of much use but it would be nicee to be able to tap on it to bring up a full size version of the photo. Ok, I will agree that the photos on the iPhone are not the best but I need to be able to see what is in the photo as sometimes it is the nameplate of the equipment.

I have used HanDBase for many years - with the Palm products. I used the forms feature for many of the databases I created, but I haven't missed that feature on the iPhone - yet. I have enjoyed using HanDBase, it is a great product.
Leon

Re: Photopicker

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Leon wrote:I like being able to pick a photo for an external field, but the image is too small and there sems to be no way to increase the size of the photo. I use HanDBase to keep track of problem jobs and I take photos of unit components with my iPhone. Am I overlooking something? The small photo is not of much use but it would be nicee to be able to tap on it to bring up a full size version of the photo. Ok, I will agree that the photos on the iPhone are not the best but I need to be able to see what is in the photo as sometimes it is the nameplate of the equipment.

Hi Leon,

Currently the external field doesn't have a full screen display. Yours is not the first request for this feature, and I am planning on adding it in a future version. In the meantime, try to take the pics as close as you can- you may also want to view the record in landscape mode- depending on the orientation of the photo, it may be bigger in that mode. To switch, you have to switch in the List view then go to the record.

I have used HanDBase for many years - with the Palm products. I used the forms feature for many of the databases I created, but I haven't missed that feature on the iPhone - yet. I have enjoyed using HanDBase, it is a great product.

Glad to hear it Leon- thanks for the encouragement!
dhaupert

Postby fredlef » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I also would like to be able to see an increase in the photo size - even if it was just two options instead of a zoom. (or three as i guess under the current configuration you have a thumbnail and then the field size image). I am testing using another app to create a diagram and then taking a screenshot of the diagram to import as an image with photopicker. Works great but if I had the ability to look at the photo full screen then it would be perfect.

Thanks,
Fred
fredlef

Postby simonclivehughes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 am

OK, I'll add a vote for being able to at least zoom into a picture. I'm using pictures now in a product DB and it's difficult to see enough detail even in landscape mode to discern one product from another.

Cheers,

Simon
simonclivehughes

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch