Does your database fail to open with 4.8.1?

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Does your database fail to open with 4.8.1?

Postby dhaupert » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

If so, it may be related to the bug we found with calculated fields. Here's some info on the bug itself that I've found:

The bug occurs if one of the operators in the calculation is a float value. After much searching I found one developer mentioning a confirmed bug with double precision floats (the kind we need and use) in the new iOS5 SDK/tools. Based on this I determined that setting a variable that is a double value when the variable is not aligned to a 4 byte address causes the crash. I was able to fix this by forcing this particular data structure to align to a 4 byte address.

This fixes the problem in the database I had from a user and it now opens fine. But there is a chance that other doubles throughout the program could be causing a crash, and so I'm searching through all of them to make sure. I wanted to ask if you have a database that won't open and can send it somehow to me via email. If so, I will verify the fix I did fixes it or continue debugging with the database.

My email is below and your help is greatly appreciated!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch