Crashing when picking photo

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Crashing when picking photo

Postby harviec » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi,

I am using a new iPod Touch running OS 2.2.1 and HanDBase for iPhone 4.2.1. When I select PhotoPicker as the External field type and a text field to store the image file name, then try to add a photo in a new record, I am able to see the photos in my photo library but the program crashes as soon as I select a photo. I have also tried this with the demo app "Sell on eBay", changing the External field from Camera to PhotoPicker, and get the same results. Any suggestions?
harviec
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Crashing when picking photo

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for your posting. It took me a while to wrestle up a device with the same OS and versions but once I did, I am seeing the same behavior as you. I am not sure at this point if it's OS specific, version specific, or device specific, but I am logging this as a bug and starting up a new topic for 4.2.1 known bugs with it. Please follow along there for the progress of fixing and any workarounds we may find as we debug the problem.

Very sorry about the issue and hope we'll have a fix out soon!
dhaupert
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Crashing when picking photo

Postby MacMan858 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:36 am

dhaupert wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your posting. It took me a while to wrestle up a device with the same OS and versions but once I did, I am seeing the same behavior as you. I am not sure at this point if it's OS specific, version specific, or device specific, but I am logging this as a bug and starting up a new topic for 4.2.1 known bugs with it. Please follow along there for the progress of fixing and any workarounds we may find as we debug the problem.

Very sorry about the issue and hope we'll have a fix out soon!


Glad to hear you're working on a fix. I'm experiencing the same issue when selecting a photo from the phone or using the camera to capture a picture. Otherwise HanDbase seems to be working very well on my iPhone. Thanks!
MacMan858
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 am

Re: Crashing when picking photo

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:11 am

MacMan858 wrote:Glad to hear you're working on a fix. I'm experiencing the same issue when selecting a photo from the phone or using the camera to capture a picture. Otherwise HanDbase seems to be working very well on my iPhone. Thanks!


Are you also using iPhone OS 2.2.1?
dhaupert
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Crashing when picking photo

Postby pma99car » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:24 am

dhaupert wrote:
MacMan858 wrote:Glad to hear you're working on a fix. I'm experiencing the same issue when selecting a photo from the phone or using the camera to capture a picture. Otherwise HanDbase seems to be working very well on my iPhone. Thanks!


Are you also using iPhone OS 2.2.1?


I am experiencing this on OS 3.0 also.

Chris
pma99car
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:20 am


Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest