Please Help with copy/move records!!

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Please Help with copy/move records!!

Postby tabjed » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:55 am

I've used HandBASE for years (now on iPhone).
PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING FEATURES THAT WERE AVAILABLE...

1. I can't "Copy/Move Record(s)" to ANOTHER database! The PALM version did. Why?
2. The SEARCH function is CLUNKY. The search doesn't remember my last search.
AND what is up with NOT having a "repeat search" button that doesn't require TWO picks?

Please help.
Thanks,
tabjed
tabjed

Re: Please Help with copy/move records!!

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm

tabjed wrote:I've used HandBASE for years (now on iPhone).
PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING FEATURES THAT WERE AVAILABLE...

1. I can't "Copy/Move Record(s)" to ANOTHER database! The PALM version did. Why?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting. There are a number of features the Palm version had that the iPhone version does not. At the same time, there are numerous features in the iPhone version that are not available on the Palm OS (or any other version)! We don't equate features on each platform, just the core functionality of a database program that reads the same database files. There are several features that were done for the Palm version and almost never commented on by users- the copy/move record(s) functions were one of them. We decided to leave that out of the initial release of HanDBase for iPhone and wait and see if there is still demand for it. Instead we focused on features that made more sense on a modern platform- like emailing records, Desktop Connect over wifi, quick search behaving like a live filter, etc.

As of now, yours is the second request I've logged for the copy/move record(s) features. Out of 10's of thousands, that's not a lot. I will continue to keep an eye on these requests and plan to implement the features that are requested most. Your vote is duly noted!

2. The SEARCH function is CLUNKY. The search doesn't remember my last search.
AND what is up with NOT having a "repeat search" button that doesn't require TWO picks?

You bring up a great point about it not remembering the previous search. There is no reason we can't implement this behavior in an upcoming update. On the iPhone version, we're not finding people needing the advanced search because the Quick Search's new functionality is so much more useful for finding multiple matches of a search. For that reason, the repeat find (which on the Palm was almost ALWAYS confusing to people as to what made it different than the Find button) was not included on the screen where we try to only put the most used function or two as a single button. I encourage you to make use of the Quick Search function where possible.

I appreciate your feedback and hope you'll continue to provide your suggestions and thoughts even if you don't see them immediately implemented. When dealing with so many customers, we do still aim to please, but must prioritize on features that get the most requests!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch