sync iphone database with sync exchange.

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

sync iphone database with sync exchange.

Postby dcsparky » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Can the iphone databases sync via sync exchange with the same pc file as the windows mobil device?
I have HanDbase for all platforms. I am not familiar with the sync for the iphone.

I did manage to sync the ipod touch. However I still want to keep the windows mobil in sync with the files on the ipod touch.
dcsparky

Re: sync iphone database with sync exchange.

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 am

dcsparky wrote:Can the iphone databases sync via sync exchange with the same pc file as the windows mobil device?
I have HanDbase for all platforms. I am not familiar with the sync for the iphone.

I did manage to sync the ipod touch. However I still want to keep the windows mobil in sync with the files on the ipod touch.

Great question. The Palm and Windows Mobile versions shared the same Configuration files for synchronizing databases with each other. We did not carry this forward for newer platforms (BlackBerry and iPhone), so that means you won't see those users listed in the Sync Exchange dialogs for Windows Mobile, and you won't see the WIndows Mobile users listed in the iPhone sync dialog either. This is because we changed the level of configurability for syncing in the new platforms- you can now specify the normal syncing parameters for each database separately whereas previously you had to define a sync exchange entry for any database you wanted finer control over.

That said, they can still sync to the same file. What you would do is in the iPhone sync config, click the button to create a new shared database. Point to the database being shared by the Windows Mobile users and set your parameters up as desired. Now the iPhone user can sync to the same database file the Windows Mobile user is syncing to and effectively you're syncing across the multiple platforms!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch