Calculated Fields in Forms for iPhone

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Calculated Fields in Forms for iPhone

Postby vtwinemaker » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 am

Is there a way to use calculated fields in forms for iPhone? I have reviewed documentation and was unable to determine a way to use calculated fields. Thanks
vtwinemaker

Re: Calculated Fields in Forms for iPhone

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi there,

Indeed there is- you can add a label and point it to the field's value and this will show the calculated field's value. You cannot assign it to a text box as it's not a field that can be edited. You can also use calculation outputs to determine whether a control is visible. There is an option in a control's properties specifying whether the control is visible. One option says conditionally, depending on the output of x. You can point this to a calculated field and if the value is non-zero the control will show. You can then use this as leverage in your databases- when a button is not relevant if the calculation's output is zero for example.
dhaupert

Postby Mikey » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am

I tried the formula for time that overlaps days and in my DB it still shows Total Time with a negative number and shows the Adjusted Time with the right amount.

If I hide the adjusted time just the Total Time shows up with a negative number.

What am I doing wrong.
Mikey

Postby dhaupert » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:43 pm

You should be hiding the total time and the adjusted time is the one that is valid!
dhaupert

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:25 am

Ok hiding the Total Time works as long as you are overlapping to the next day and the Check Total Time condition kicks in the Adjusted Time but if your time is the same day and Total Time is hidden you get nothing. I am using the 24 hr clock if that makes any difference. I don't think it should.
Mikey

Re: Calculated Fields for iPhone

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 pm

I want to say that I am not using the forms yet for this program. I am just using the basic program.
I am talking about the time calculations for on duty time on one day and the off duty time on the next.
Total Time On Duty is the field.
Mikey

Postby dhaupert » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am

Hi Mikey,

The formulas for wrapping days are supposed to include a conditional to use the total time if the dates are the same or the adjusted time if the dates differ. The output of this conditional field is the one you should be showing and hiding the others. If it helps, you can email your database to support@ddhsoftware.com and we can take a look and make suggestions for you!
dhaupert

Postby Mikey » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:39 am

PRESTO! Thank you so much Dave. I don't know how many different things I have tried but that was easy and makes sense.
I want you to know that I have been enjoying the HanDBase program and appreciate the help that you make so available.
Thanks again.
Mikey

Postby dhaupert » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi,

Happy to help!
dhaupert

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I would like to add to my database a field called Time Off Duty and have it calculated. Sometimes my time off is during the same calender day but most of the time it goes back 2,3,or 4 calender days. I tried using the previous off duty and the current on duty times but I get all sorts of results. I know I probably need some conditions. Thanks in advance.

One other question. I have several fields that I add up for total pay. It exceeds the 5 allowed. Do I just create a field to add part of the fields and then create a field that adds the rest and then a field that adds the two together?
Mikey

Next

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch