HanDBase v4.8.715 has been approved for release

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

HanDBase v4.8.715 has been approved for release

Postby dhaupert » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Greetings!

I am happy to announce that Apple just approved the iPhone update to HanDBase for v4.8.715. Here are the changes:

New Features in HanDBase v4.8.715:
*Forms Designer- Added Copy form to other database option
*Shows Field # in the field list
*Field Names now Shown in Calculation Editor
*Open Database launch command: handbase://databasename will open HanDBase to a specific database
*Gesture added- two finger swipe left will close to the Home screen from View/Edit Record or Form screen.
*Images are zoomable when viewed in the photo picker screen.
*Preference for Image quality in settings. Can now select Full Size images if desired.
*Photo Picker screen now allows selection from HanDBase library as well.
*Image manager shows file's names
*Image manager delete does not return to the front of Coverflow.

Bug Fixes:
*If a database was opened and the last record was selected, it was not scrolled fully into view in most cases.
*Fix crashing on open of attachments from other apps.
*Fix crashing when jumping to a form in another db
*Fix crashing that comes from two finger left-swiping in list view
*When a form had an image control in it, the controls after the image control may fail to load their values
*Settings change detection warning should only show first time.
*Switching from File Cabinet Style to Classic in settings would show some database names still indented.

Hope you like the update.
dhaupert

Re: HanDBase v4.8.715 has been approved for release

Postby JohnDeere2Cylinder » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm

What is the best way to get the update? I tried itunes. Found nothing that allows me to update to latest version. Please help. Thanks.
JohnDeere2Cylinder

Postby glenwf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 pm

I asked the same question earlier...

On your device, go to App store, search for HanDBase, then select it like you want to buy it and it will recognize you already have a copy and offer you the update.

Not intuitive, but easy.
glenwf

Postby ferrous » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Is it just me, or can we now not see the picture in the View Record and Edit Record screens? It shows up as the tiny thumbnail in the main database view, so it's definitely in there.

Am I doing something wrong?
ferrous

Postby glenwf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm not having that problem, either before or after the update.

Start another thread and ask that question. Maybe you have something weird going on.
glenwf

Postby ferrous » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Okay, so I'm really not sure what was going on there. The first picture I put in was from an album within my phone rather than from the camera roll. I thought that might have been it, so I made another entry with a pic from the camera roll and it worked fine. I then changed the original one where the pic wasn't showing, and changed the pic to come directly from the camera roll. I tested another new entry a short while later with a pic from an album and it worked fine!

Writing this now, though, I realise that I may have rebooted my phone at some point during that whole process because of a different, new app that wasn't behaving as it should. I'm betting that had something to do with it.
ferrous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch