Total fields from another db

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Total fields from another db

Postby Leesway » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 am

I created a db and form to capture the times I spend on deferent job codes during the day. I have date, job code, time start, time end and calculated time fields. What I need is a form that will give me a total daily time for each job code that has time applied to it.
Leesway

Re: Total fields from another db

Postby dhaupert » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Here's what you'd need- another table with the following fields:

Job Code
Total Time: Relationship field joining the job code above with the job code in the other table. The field you'll be bringing back is the running total time field in the other table. (If you don't have one already, it would be a calculated field that takes the current elapsed time and adds it to the same calculated field of the previous record).

Now you'll have a record for each job code and each will show the total time for the jobs under that code. Does that give you what you need?
dhaupert

Postby Leesway » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:58 am

In the first table how do I tie the elapsed time to the job code that I select from a pop up so as to total individual job code times?
Leesway

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am

Hi,

The relationship field does that for you- when it ties the job code field, the program will recalculate the total for only the matching job records and display it in the relationship field value.
dhaupert

Postby Leesway » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

So I figured out why I couldn't make this work. The code field is a pop up.
Leesway

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch