Photo image size and file name

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Photo image size and file name

Postby glenwf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks for including the file names in the image library. Good thing.

Bad thing - of the over 300 photos that are in the image library I can't see the image names because they are all the low res "Thumbnail" images. With these, they don't fill up the screen so the text for the names are black letters on a black background.

My suggestion: put the black letters on a white background of that small space. Then the name can be visible no matter what the image size, or image color since it is on top of the image and the white background would let us see the name.

So far I like what you have done. It would have been easier to select the image quality at the time of taking the picture, but I can see that would have been a lot harder.

Still waiting for the ability to move images from one device to another more than one at a time. Can't really get students to use my flash card system until I can give them the database and images easily and the database isn't any good without the images. Oh well, we can't have everything - yet...

Thanks.
glenwf

Re: Photo image size and file name

Postby arronlee » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi, Glenwf.
Have you ever found out the solution to your problem? I think it is much more convenient to
customize the image size with the help of some professional 3rd party imaging SDK than before. I hope you can find what you want as quickly as possible. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron
arronlee

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch