Version 4.8.715

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Version 4.8.715

Postby ferrous » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm loving some of the changes to the iPhone version! The inclusion of field numbers right under the field names is great. Thank you! :)

One thing which I loved when I saw it mentioned as a change was how in the formula space for a calculated field, it now shows the field names instead of field numbers. Unfortunately, it's not as awesome in use. When the field names, or the formula, are long enough to go off the end of the space, you can't see the end of it. :cry:

Will this be fixed in the next update?
ferrous

Re: Version 4.8.715

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback! The calculation change mention you had took me by surprise as I set the display there to use a scaling font size. It is supposed to reduce the font size as needed to fit everything in and is one of the nice features of iOS that I had yet to take advantage of. But I do now see what you're saying- it looks like if your formula is too long the font size reduces but when it hits some minimum font size, the OS stops resizing it. I'm going to check and see if there is something I can do about this. Otherwise, it may have to switch back to the field numbers when it can't fit.

One workaround is to switch to landscape- has a lot more room for the formula there!!
dhaupert

Re: Version 4.8.715

Postby ferrous » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Landscape view. Of course! Didn't even think of that. Good idea. :-)

If there was an option for it to show the full names in the space below where the calculation is entered that would be cool, but I'm not sure of the limitations of what you're working with. As I said, it's a great change, but just no good for those of us who are somewhat long-winded. Not me, of course. *cough*
ferrous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch