iPhone / Touch Conduit not recognizing Databases

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iPhone / Touch Conduit not recognizing Databases

Postby ShenanDon » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:51 pm

I am a new convert to the iPhone/Touch version via the Mac conduit after using the Pocket PC and Windows version previously.

Most of my PPC HanDBases are NOT opening on the Mac and therefore are not porting over to the iPhone. :cry:

These are NOT form files.

I'm stumped.

Thanks for your help!
ShenanDon

Re: iPhone / Touch Conduit not recognizing Databases

Postby dhaupert » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 am

Hi,

Is it possible that the Pocket PC version you last used pre-dated HanDBase 3.0? The Mac and iPhone versions can only read/open databases in the 3.0 or 4.0 formats. If you do have 2.x or prior, you can send me the databases and I can convert them for you to the newer format. My email is listed below.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby ShenanDon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Thank you! I believe the old versions of some files is an issue AND I also discovered a conflict with DEVONthink's desktop drag'n'drop file aggregator. :oops:

After closing the DT component, several HanDBase files opened and synched flawlessly to the iPod Touch.

Woohoo! :D
ShenanDon

Postby kmaskins » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:40 pm

I have been a huge fan of HanDBase for years. I recently have said goodbye to Palm and switched to iPhone. I am having difficulty migrating my databases to the iPhone. I am pretty sure that they are Handbase 3 files. The files fail to upload with a message "File upload failed." When I check the file type with "apple" i, it says Missing Sync for Palm OS doc. I don't know if that has something to do with why it won't upload. I tried to convert them to CSV with Handdesk 3, but it kept crashing. Any thoughts?
kmaskins

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 pm

kmaskins wrote:I have been a huge fan of HanDBase for years. I recently have said goodbye to Palm and switched to iPhone. I am having difficulty migrating my databases to the iPhone. I am pretty sure that they are Handbase 3 files. The files fail to upload with a message "File upload failed." When I check the file type with "apple" i, it says Missing Sync for Palm OS doc. I don't know if that has something to do with why it won't upload. I tried to convert them to CSV with Handdesk 3, but it kept crashing. Any thoughts?

Hi,

The fact that they are crashing the HanDBase Desktop program means they may be corrupted files. If you'd like to email me one or more of them, I can check to see what the files are, and whether they can be salvaged or if it's something else entirely!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch