Help for a new user

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Help for a new user

Postby kf27enfield » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi I have just purchased Handbase enterprise desktop windows version. I would like to import my desktop database into my ipad so that I can update or add job records on site and then return to the office and synchronize all the data. my question is do I import the whole data base or just the tables relating to the job orders file. I can get the ipad to sync with the preinstalled software but not my database. hope that explains what i'm trying to do, as I am a novice at this I will need specific instructions. I'm running windows 8 on the desktop. Access 2010 with a split MDB back end database.

Thanks
kf27enfield

Re: Help for a new user

Postby dhaupert » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. You should sync only the database tables you need since otherwise it will be slowing the syncs down for data you don't require!

I'm not sure how you went about setting up the Access databases to sync, but here's a basic overview:

Go to the Edit Sync Settings screen on the desktop.
Select the button to add a shared database.
Choose a path to store the shared database and give the file a name. (eg, tablex.pdb)
Now select the users you want to share the database with.
Choose the button for Syncing to Access and from there select your table and database from Access.

On the first sync, the HanDBase database will be created from the Access table and synced over to the device.

Let me know if you have any issues!
dhaupert

Re: Help for a new user

Postby kf27enfield » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi,
Thanks for that, I have been able to import my table into the new database, but when I install the second table It seems to merge into the first table is that correct.
My works order form on the desktop gets details from a number of tables: Customers, orders, Customer sites table.
Thanks
kf27enfield

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch