Image Field - Image view

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Image Field - Image view

Postby vlada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 am

Dear developers, thank you for adding full-size images. I have a few comments to make your sw more usefull. If something is already possible then sorry :)

1. Allow to set image resolution in time of saving.
2. Allow full screen viewing of images in detail mode, not only in edit mode.
3. Allow standard picture operation on the image (eg. share, copy). Probably use standard iphone viewer for the images.

Regards V.
vlada

Re: Image Field - Image view

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 am

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your kind words. There isn't a standard photo viewer on the iPhone provided by the OS as you'd think. There is a photo app, but it's not like you can call it to display any image. Thus, every app has to create their own photo viewer and the reason it took so long to create a pinch and zoomable version!

That said, will definitely consider adding 2 and 3 in the future if there are others like yourself who need it!
dhaupert

Postby vlada » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 am

Hi, thank you very much. Sorry for the mistake when I supposed that there is a standard way to displaying images :(

I will appreciate if you in the near future implement these functionality (2,3). I hope there are others who like it also.

The sharing function is more important because I haven't find a way how to get the picture outside HandBase. If it is easiest (and faster) for you then another options are:
- allow "copy" function on picture (or on picture in PictureManager)
- allow "save to camera roll" function on picture (or on picture in PictureManager)
- include the picture into email on function "email record"

Kind regards V.

PS: Is there a some "wishlist" or future request where usets can vote or ask for a new functionality?
vlada

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:50 am

Good point regarding the share function. Much of the time the images are imported from the camera roll so there is always a copy there- but no so if using the take picture option!

re: a user voted feature list, this is something I've been meaning to do. A while ago I set one up for our Android version which was just launched at the time and it's helped me prioritize features as they are developed. I will set one up for iPhone and iPad soon!
dhaupert

Postby vlada » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 am

I don't want to left pictures in the camera roll after putting then into database.
Quite nice manipulation of images is implemented at iDatabase application but other capabilities are not as good as yours.That's why I preffer handbase application.

When you export (email) the database the pictures are lost because you export only .pdb file so sharing of the database should be improved too ;)

PS: I understand that there is more request then you are able to manage to develop...
vlada

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch