DB lookup does not search correctly

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

DB lookup does not search correctly

Postby Elevatorman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 pm

I have a database that has fields which look up names and addresses in another database. However the search does not work correctly. I will enter the first few characters of a building I'm looking for and the names that it finds can be 2 or more off from the closest match for the characters I entered.

Has someone experienced this problem?

I am using an iPhone 4 with the latest version of Handbase but I've had this problem on my 3G and older versions of HandBase.

Thanks

Luc
Elevatorman

Re: DB lookup does not search correctly

Postby dhaupert » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 am

Hi Luc,

Is it possible that the DB Popup database is sorted (and has the Index showing along the right for you to drag with your thumb)? If so, that may be the problem- the index is built after the search is performed and thus the wrong record could be shown. If so, this is a bug and one I'll address for an upcoming build!
dhaupert

Postby Elevatorman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 am

Yes, I did have the DB lookup sorted with the Rolodex on side. However, I've removed the sorting but am still having the same issue.

Thanks,

Luc
Elevatorman

Postby Elevatorman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am

I think you are correct. I've just gone
back and removed all of the sorting in every views that I have as well as in my lookup database and now the lookup works correctly. I will use it in this manner until the bug is resolved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Luc
Elevatorman

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch