Enter time with keyboard instead of wheel

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Enter time with keyboard instead of wheel

Postby Leesway » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:19 am

Is there a way to enter time into a time field with the keyboard instead of the wheel?
Leesway

Re: Enter time with keyboard instead of wheel

Postby Brian_Houghton » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Not at this time. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Leesway » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:40 am

ios 7 makes this even worse having to use the wheel to enter time. Would make data entry much easier if I could use the keyboard to enter time instead of that finicky wheel!
Leesway

Postby ken.w » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Yeah, that new wheel is really annoying. You can't even tap outside of the focused number to select anymore; you HAVE to spin it.
ken.w

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Hey,

Back in the Palm days I devised what I assume to be the most efficient way to enter a time. The screen looked awful to the naked eye but it was very fast to peck it out. I would like to revisit that as I never thought the time selection on iOS was the most efficient. I see the value as it's very intuitive to use, but not very quick by any means.

It won't be at the top of my list, because there are some big fish still to fry, but hopefully some day I can do something better, and typing in the value may be the way it goes, but most likely just adding an on screen number pad..
dhaupert

Postby Graham » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:47 am

I agree I think you need to reinvent the wheel. :D I hope that you can design the old Palm time selection onto the IOS version (rather than a keyboard) I have yet to see a more efficient way of generating time fields. This was one of the first things I requested when the IOS version was created, maybe most users never miss what they have never had.
Cheers, Graham
Graham

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch