Re-designed appearance & re-purchasing of apps

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Postby ArGiEs » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Well, just after my last post I thought of something else.

Read on iMore yesterday someone putting forth that the re-doing of app icons & appearance to match iOS 7 that app creators may be oblidged to charge current customers for the upgrade. What do you think as far as HanDBase?
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Re: Re-designed appearance & re-purchasing of apps

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Bob,

There won't be any charge for the iOS7 optimized version of HanDBase if you've already purchased!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ArGiEs » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 pm

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:Hi Bob,

There won't be any charge for the iOS7 optimized version of HanDBase if you've already purchased!

Phew! I started adding up in my head the paid apps I could potentially wind up re-purchasing just so I could play "interior decorator" with iOS 7, and I don't like the idea, let's say that!
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby ken.w » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi, Dave. Very much appreciated that a new version redesigned for iOS 7 will be a free update. Not sure about the majority, but for the record, I'd totally be willing to pay for a new version, due to all the hard work you put into it and the amount I use it.
ken.w

Postby ArGiEs » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:58 pm

If I had to, I would. It's more of the principle of feeling like I'm being forced to pay for a change in the app that ultimately will bring no tangible , practical improvement. I'm not going to whine, fuss, bemoan, or murmur about it if I do wind up having to re-purchase. It could be worse: what if these apps cost what they did back in the Palm days (e.g., $50 for Docs To Go for Palm, as opposed to $15 [I think] for the iOS version).
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby ken.w » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:14 pm

ArGiEs wrote:If I had to, I would. It's more of the principle of feeling like I'm being forced to pay for a change in the app that ultimately will bring no tangible , practical improvement. I'm not going to whine, fuss, bemoan, or murmur about it if I do wind up having to re-purchase. It could be worse: what if these apps cost what they did back in the Palm days (e.g., $50 for Docs To Go for Palm, as opposed to $15 [I think] for the iOS version).

Understood. I am expecting more than just a cosmetic update, though.
ken.w

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch