View sorting issue

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

View sorting issue

Postby ken.w » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:24 pm

I have a view that is not working recently as expected. It used to. All it does is sort descending by the records' 'date added' field. Now if I've added a bunch of records, it somehow shows them at the top of the list, but they themselves are in some sort of reverse order. So if 1, 2, 3, and 4 are ones I just added, they'll show at the top of the list, but they'll so in order: 1, 2, 3, 4, but really 4 is the most recent, then 3, then 2, then 1.

Any ideas what this isn't actually showing 4, then 3, then 2, then 1?

Thanks.
ken.w

Re: View sorting issue

Postby ken.w » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 am

I figured out the problem. The date field I was using for reverse sorting was just that, a date. I did have a time field in my database, so I added that as a secondary sorting and it looks fine now. I guess I just hadn't added so many records in such a short period of time in a long time.
ken.w

Re: View sorting issue

Postby ken.w » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:53 am

Which leads to a feature request for a new field type: timestamp. One that includes date and time. Or is that already possible and I'm not seeing it?
ken.w

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch