Forms in-app purchase

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Forms in-app purchase

Postby MDE » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm probably being stupid, but I clicked the in-app purchase for Forms, entered my password, which appeared to be accepted, but now what? I don't seem to have a forms app. Selecting forms in the database properties just prompts me to buy it again.
MDE

Re: Forms in-app purchase

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post. WHen you purchase, they are supposed to send an 'approved' type of message to the app and we then show the forms instead of the ad for them. So it seems like they either didn't send it, or the purchase did not go through. Try to close/kill HanDBase (double click Home button, press and hold HanDBase icon and choose the minus button to close it). Then restart. Does it still show an ad? If so, then I'd double check your iTunes account (you can check all purchases from the iTunes app on the desktop in the accounts section). If you don't see it there, perhaps try again?
dhaupert

Postby MDE » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks for that - seems like the purchase had not gone through so did it again and this time OK.
BTW, I have come back to HanDBase after 2 yrs, having initially bought the app then not used it: now the image syncing that I needed all seems to work nicely if you have Forms - I'm really pleased with my "Orchard log" database, which has 4 linked databases for trees, varieties and detailed records. The only slight irritation has been the absence of a "concatenate" function.
MDE

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:58 pm

You'll be happy to know, there is a concatenate function available to you via the External field type!

Just go to the Fields settings screens and set up a text field to store your combined text.
Next, create a new field with the type external and set it to the Combine Text option.
You'll be able to point to the text field stored in the first step to store the output and then define up to three fields that will concatenate, and the separator (if any) between them.

There is also a parameter of when this updates- whether on record load/edit, record save, or record creation.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby Oliveber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:30 am

You'll be happy to know, there is a concatenate function available to you via the External field type!
Oliveber

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch