Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Postby dhaupert » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi,

Here are the bugs that we've confirmed thus far for HanDBase for iPhone v4.9.0:

- Image picker buttons need abbreviations on iPhone version under iOS6
- Run Report Screen- if the values you were totaling were all 0, the program could crash due to a divide by 0 error when calculating stats .
- Artifact in run report screen on iOS7
- Field Name above FIeld Value overlaps in height.
Workaround: Go to Settings and change from Above Field Value to 'Left of Field value' for now.
- keyboard for numeric was supposed to use the new keyboard option which has the decimal point..
- Popup list can get cut off in form view if really long
- In Edit Record screen if a note field is longer than the whole screen, you may not be able to see the text you're editing.

Working on all of these fixes and hope to get a quick update submitted as soon as they are ironed out. Very sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

Let me know if you see any other problems ASAP!
dhaupert

Re: Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Postby debi1091 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 am

dhaupert wrote:Let me know if you see any other problems ASAP!

Hi,
I´m not sure to answer in this post, you can move it to ...

- On the site "About" the link "Support Website" on the right side is false and the white font on grey.

Greetings from Germany
Danny

Edit the Color of the Font is in ios 7 OK.
And Thank you so much for the Great Software.
Last edited by debi1091 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
debi1091

Postby dgmike » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:14 am

Hi Dave, I was able to save to PDF on one form but on another form it saved a zoomed version of that form. It zoomed into the top left corner. The view shows the actual zoomed version before you save it.
Maybe I did something different but I can't make it work yet.
Thanks,
Mike Thatcher
dgmike

Postby dhaupert » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Mike,

Can you check the form dimensions for the form you tried to save? Often a form is set to a smaller size than the actual elements on it. For example, you can have a 160x200 form but drag items down below that if your screen is bigger. I always figured I could allow form elements outside the edge of the actual form dimensions since often times a larger screen device comes out (eg, the iPhone 5 with the extra length). Anyway, in the case of the PDF export, it only exports the actual dimensions of the form, so perhaps that is what you're seeing? Feel free to email me your database and forms if you'd like me to take a look!
dhaupert

Postby tdnuerf » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Greetings, Dave -

Got something that may be related to your "Field Name above FIeld Value overlaps in height" known issue, or maybe it's something new?

To wit:
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.76 KiB) Viewed 1219 times

Notice how the "H" in "Home" is cut off?

This only seems to occur when actually editing the field with no custom form. The View Record screen is fine, the Edit Record screen is fine, until you tap to edit the field.

This is on iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.

Cheers,
- Don
tdnuerf

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting this. I actually did see this one on my own while working on the aforementioned bug and fixed it. It has to do with the textview control I used- a while back I wanted to optimize the space on the screen so I erased the margin of the control. Apparently iOS7 gets rid of the margin and so my code to get rid of it made it a negative margin, so to speak! Now I have code to check and adjust based on the OS version. As an aside, this is why developers often just develop for the latest version of iOS- it's very difficult to make it backwards compatible..
dhaupert

Postby tdnuerf » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:02 pm

dhaupert wrote:As an aside, this is why developers often just develop for the latest version of iOS- it's very difficult to make it backwards compatible..

Too true, for any OS! Know any Windows 95 developers? Didn't think so ;^)
(I'm a former FORTRAN, COBOL, and RPG programmer, so I *really* don't code for earlier versions.)
tdnuerf

Postby uboche » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:19 am

With HanDBase 4.9.0 on an iPad 2 under iOS 7.0 or 6.3.1, I have a problem with pasting into empty fields on the Edit Record screen:
Adding a new record to a database, I enter text into one field. Then I use Select All and Copy to copy the data into the clipboard. Next I tap on another, still empty, field. The virtual keyboard pops up but no cursor is appearing in the field. Tapping on the field again to bring up the Paste bubble has no effect. If I then tap on a key on the virtual keyboard, the corresponding character appears in the field with the vertical cursor bar behind it. Tapping on the field now brings up the Paste bubble behind the cursor and pasting is working as normal.

Next I need to delete the unwanted character before the pasted text so this is not really helpful.
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby dgmike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 am

Hey Dave,
You were exactly right. I have the scale factor set at .9 for that form in order to shrink the font down and make a regular sized invoice. I just increased the pixel size for that form and it worked!
Thank You!
Mike Thatcher
dgmike

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm

dgmike wrote:Hey Dave,
You were exactly right. I have the scale factor set at .9 for that form in order to shrink the font down and make a regular sized invoice. I just increased the pixel size for that form and it worked!
Thank You!
Mike Thatcher

Hi Mike,

Thanks for following up. Glad that adjusting the form sizing/scaling fixed the problem for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Next

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch