Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 am

bwainwright wrote:Latest update from the Apple App Store seems to have a problem with DB Popup fields. When you access the second database and make a selection to set the field value in the first database, the application crashes. Occurs under both iOS6 and iOS7.

Hi,

Got your email this morning as well. See above- the DB Popup field alone is not a problem as I am able to use with some test databases. But there must be another combination of events involving the DB popup. I have a set of databases from the other user above (he emailed them to me) so I hope to today determine the exact problem. Will certainly update the forum when I find something!

Sorry about this!
dhaupert

Postby doclobster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:33 pm

I am running 4.9.02 and am having the same problem with the pop up database entry causing the application to close
doclobster

Postby lagunacreek » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:23 pm

V 4.90.02 with iOS 6... and should have posted in iPad forum... iPad2 with iOS6 issue.
4.90 allowed you to set float field so the numeric keypad came up. This was awesome.
Unfortunately, the latest version has reverted to the alpha keypad, even if in the form settings it is set to numeric.
This was a definite nice to have!
Last edited by lagunacreek on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lagunacreek

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:37 pm

lagunacreek wrote:V 4.90.02 with iOS 6
4.90 allowed you to set float field so the numeric keypad came up. This was awesome.
Unfortunately, the latest version has reverted to the alpha keypad, even if in the form settings it is set to numeric.
This was a definite nice to have!

Hey,

Thanks for your post. Just tried this on both iOS6 and iOS7 and it worked fine for me. Of course, I had to go to the attributes for the text box and change it to numeric but when I did, the numeric keypad came up. In fact, it's the new type of numeric keypad that I implemented for 4.9.02- the one that is more like a dial pad.

If you have a database and form that exhibit something different than this, please send it to me so I can take a look!
dhaupert

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 pm

doclobster wrote:I am running 4.9.02 and am having the same problem with the pop up database entry causing the application to close

Hi,

Thanks for your submission. Are you referring to a DB Popup field type? If so, I was able to find and fix the bug today on this and hope to submit after doing some testing..
dhaupert

Postby uboche » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:29 am

uboche wrote:With HanDBase 4.9.0 on an iPad 2 under iOS 7.0 or 6.3.1, I have a problem with pasting into empty fields on the Edit Record screen:
Adding a new record to a database, I enter text into one field. Then I use Select All and Copy to copy the data into the clipboard. Next I tap on another, still empty, field. The virtual keyboard pops up but no cursor is appearing in the field. Tapping on the field again to bring up the Paste bubble has no effect. If I then tap on a key on the virtual keyboard, the corresponding character appears in the field with the vertical cursor bar behind it. Tapping on the field now brings up the Paste bubble behind the cursor and pasting is working as normal.

Next I need to delete the unwanted character before the pasted text so this is not really helpful.

This is working correctly now in 4.9.2. Thanks.
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby lagunacreek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:30 pm

I sent the keyboard issue: hopefully you can determine why that is happening.
I am having the same issue with DB pop up which unfortunately renders HDB useless until fixed!
Update: not useless. As you referred to... if the data base has more records than the pop up data base HDB will NOT crash. It will only crash if there are less records. Mostly this is the case. Looking forward to the fix.
Last edited by lagunacreek on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
lagunacreek

Postby doclobster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 am

Yes, I was referring to the DB Popup. I am able to enter the first line/item in the DB popup, but if I go to add any of the other lines/items in the DB the app immediately closes.
doclobster

Postby Palting » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 am

dhaupert wrote:
doclobster wrote:I am running 4.9.02 and am having the same problem with the pop up database entry causing the application to close

Hi,

Thanks for your submission. Are you referring to a DB Popup field type? If so, I was able to find and fix the bug today on this and hope to submit after doing some testing..

Hi. I have been using HanDBase 4.9.02 and upgraded to the iOS 7.0.2, and now have similar issues with the pop-up database. When I select a value from the database that I popped up, the program closes down. It only became an issue when I upgraded to iOS 7.0.2 through iTunes.
Palting

Postby Rick-sr@newmanz.com » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello - I don't see how to enter a negative number in numerical fields. Is that an option that I missed or a bug? Thank you.
Rick-sr@newmanz.com

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch