Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: Known Bugs in HanDBase for iPhone 4.9.0

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi there,

Indeed that is a problem that the number pad introduced in 4.9.02- I have addressed it in the update I'm submitting shortly. Unfortunately there is no number pad keyboard that has a decimal and negative number both so I had to add a - button to the toolbar above it. Not an ideal solution but I'm not going to implement a custom keyboard at this time- they are very error prone and never look as good as what Apple has come up with. Just wish they would add a number pad that would let you go to the numbers and punctuation keyboard if the bottom left button was pressed.
dhaupert

Postby eheffa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi,

I am long-time user of HanDBase.

Running previously stable linked databases on my iPhone 4S. currently HB version 4.9.02. I use this app every day multiple times and truly depend on it to keep track of my professional billings.

Issue: I have a Database program that I use for my Anesthesia Practice billings. I have several accessory databases linked to the main Database that offer lists of surgeons or procedures with their accompanying fee codes etc.

Since the last update, when I press on the correct reference line e.g.under the Procedure field, & press on, say: "Fem-Pop Bypass graft with in situ Vein graft" instead of it entering that value into the field the whole app crashes. It also does not seem to be saving as much of the previously entered information as it would have in the past. I have tried rebooting the device etc. with the same effect consistently occurring.

Any ideas / solutions?

Thanks for your help.

P.S> I am still running iOS 6.x as i don't think I am ready for reduced battery life of 7. Is this possibly an issue?

-evan
eheffa

Postby ken.w » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Evan, I've been running iOS 7 on my 4S since Beta 6 and have notice no degradation in battery life.
ken.w

Postby eheffa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks,

I may just try the ios7 upgrade & see what happens.

This crashing is seriously slowing me down & is a major hassle.

-evan
eheffa

Postby dhaupert » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi Evan,

Very sorry regarding the crash- I and others have discussed it in a few of the prior conversations in this very thread. There is a bug with DB Popup fields causing the crash. I have fixed the bug and am submitting a new update tonight to Apple. Hopefully they will approve it quickly!
dhaupert

Postby eheffa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:41 pm

That's great to hear Dave.

Thank you for your quick response to this problem.

I will be on the lookout for the update. ( I'm glad I don't have to take the one way ride to iOS 7 yet.)

Can you tell us here when you have the update available?

Thank you very much.

-evan
eheffa

Postby eheffa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:41 pm

I've updated.

Problem fixed. Thank you very much.

- evan
eheffa

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch